For a younger looking and healthier skin, the only use of the best skin care products is not enough. You also need to take care of your skin by taking the right amount of vitamins and minerals into your diet. Below are some examples why vitamins are necessary to intake:
Acne occurs because of not consuming enough vitamin D and low zinc levels. Excess of sweating is also a reason for insufficient vitamin D.
Sometimes, you see some cracks at the corner of your mouth which are a direct signal of poor intake of iron, vitamin C, B2, B12, and zinc.
Hair loss and red rashes on a face are due to lack of biotin/vitamin H.
Below are some of the useful tips for vitamins that can change your life by adding to your diet:-
1. Vitamin A – Carrots, Butternut Squash, Apricots, Broccoli, Mango
It helps in preventing breakouts & dark spots.
Slow down signs of skin ageing.
Increases blood flow to the skin for hydration.
Decreases sebum production.
Reduce damages due to excessive UV exposure.
2. Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) – Yogurt, Broccoli, Mushroom, Soya Beans
Helps relieve dry & itchy skin.
Keeps skin moisturized.
Assists in cellular respiration
3. Vitamin B3 (Niacin) – Potatoes, Tomatoes
Can protect against various skin cancers.
Effectively manages symptoms of Rosacea.
Reduces sebum production to prevent acne formation by 52%.
Improves skin barrier to maintain skin hydration.
4. Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) – Legumes, Mushrooms, Cheese
Deeply moisturizes the skin.
Breaks down oil that clog pores.
Helps in skin renewal for younger & fresher look
Has anti-inflammatory properties to help manage itchiness & several skin discomforts.
5. Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) – Banana, Broccoli, Watermelon, White Rice, Spinach
Helps treat dry skin, eczema, and acne
Fights skin blemishes by helping regulate hormones
6. Vitamin B7 (Biotin) – Soybeans, Green Peas, Cauliflower, Almonds, Walnuts
Restores skin moisture
Relieves itchy skin
Helps manage eczema & seborrhea dermatitis
Increase production of fatty acid in the skin to improve hydration
7. Vitamin C – Guava, Kiwi, Oranges, Grapes, Strawberries, Red Bell Peppers
Fights UV-induced damage
Minimizes risk of dry skin
Reduces melanin production to lighten skin
8. Vitamin D – Yogurt, Cheese
Aids in skin cell renewal
Rejuvenates ageing skin
Controls the natural protective mechanism of the skin
9. Vitamin E – Tofu, Avocado, Sunflower Seeds, Almonds, Wheat
Decreases roughness of the skin
Reduces wrinkles & fine lines
Keeps the skin firm
Effectively lightens dark spots
10. Vitamin F – (Linoleic Acid) – Mayonnaise, Walnuts, Grapeseed Oil, Olive Oil, Avocado
Keeps skin supple & youthful
Effective in controlling acne
Encourages skin renewal to fight blemishes and scars
11. Vitamin K – Broccoli, Cheese, Spinach
Enhances skin elasticity
Helps to get rid of dark under-eye circles
Smoothens the fine eye wrinkles