Mysore – City of Sandalwood & Silk
There are many tourist places in India but Mysore is one of the favorite destinations among all. It is situated in the Southern city of India Karnataka. People who always love to explore and feel the adventurous classic royal architecture they must visit Mysore.
Mysore is famous for Dasara festival, royal heritage, yog kendra, palaces, gardens, museums & its heritage structures.
Things you should know before visiting Mysore city
- Mysore is also known as the “Garden City” or the “City of Palaces”.
- It has a nickname “Ashtanga City” for the proliferation of wonderful yoga teachers who reside here.
- The dynasty was established in 1399 by Yaduraya Wodeyar. He ruled Mysore under the Vijayanagara Empire until 1423. After Yaduraya Wodeyar, the Mysore kingdom was succeeded by the Wadiyar rulers.
- Mysore pak – which is one of the most famous sweets in India, was first prepared in the kitchens of the Mysore Palace during the regime of Krishna Raja Wadiyar IV, by a palace cook named Kakasura Madappa. Madappa made a concoction of gram flour, ghee and sugar. When asked its name, Madappa had nothing in mind, simply called it the ‘Mysuru pak’
- The city has five established cricket grounds. Javagal Srinath, who represented India for several years as its frontline fast bowler, comes from Mysore
Tourist Places to Visit In Mysore & Things To Do
The Mysore Palace in the city is the most visited place in India, above Red Fort, Qutub Minar, and even the Taj Mahal as of 2006. In addition, The New York Times recently listed Mysore as one of the 31 must-see places on Earth for two consecutive years. These the are the most famous places to visit in Mysore-
- Mysore Palace
- Rail Museum
- Chamundi Hills
- Mysore Zoo
- Jal Bagh
- Somnathpur Temple
- Devaraja Market
Hotels & Stay in Mysore City
There are more than 700 hotels in Mysore & you can find a hotel at Rs 500 per night up to Rs 20K per night. One can find all the facilities in these hotels. There are luxury palaces, resorts, spa & guesthouses as well in Mysore city. Do you know what makes a holiday more memorable? Yes, A royalty stay in an amazing property. The old-world charm of the city topped up with modern luxury makes them quite homelike and value for money.